Unable to login into admin

Come here for help or to post comments on Sphider
usabilitest

Unable to login into admin

Post by usabilitest »

UPDATE: NM - found your post on Aug 26 and replaced my script with 5.2.1. Seems to be working again.
------------------------------

I had a large site to index, so I broke it down into many sites. It took me 3 days to index and then I had to restart my computer. Now, when I go to admin/admin.php page I don't even see the login part of it, just a blank page.

I think my request is simply timing out because when I was still able to index, it was taking longer and longer to go from one tab/click to another.

What can I do aside from nuking it all and starting over?

Thanks
---------------------------------
I did some more testing. I now see I'm getting 500 error. I downloaded and ran requirements_check.php and everything looks great. In fact, I can run other pages under /admin/ and even the actual search page and do get the results back from my db. Why admin.php is no longer connecting - beat me.

I'm on a VPN server but with tons of resources. I Don't use CPanel, but rather Cyber Panel. I removed all the code from admin.php pach and just echoed a text string - it worked. What in the world changed that it stopped working, have no idea. I think this script is fine for smaller sites but on 100K pages it becomes very sluggish. I think I saw a comment about a memory leak, that might be the case.

Anyway, it feels like I've wasted a few days and would like to get it to work. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
captquirk
Site Admin

Re: Unable to login into admin

Post by captquirk »

Good to hear. I was afraid of that very thing happening, which is why I posted the notice.

Sphider 5.2.1 is a patch. Sphider 5.3.0 will be out in a couple days and makes a permanent fix which will not require any user intervention at all, along will several other code improvements.